fredag 27. november 2009

Case 7

Case text was as follows:

In this case you're going to design and animate an enemy to chase your character around. The enemy needs to be intelligent, following your character around on the scene. You also need to have something happen when they collide, a loss screen/new animation or something like that.

Yay enemies!

I actually had a bit of trouble deciding exactly how I wanted my enemy to work, starting out with adding a vanilla enemy the way the case wanted us to (it following the character around). But due to the way I made my character move around in the game, I pretty soon abandonded that concept for a "chase"-type game, where the enemy was huge and at the end of the scene, chasing after the character.

We were supposed to add another class for enemies, but due to the simplicity of how my enemy would work I decided to just abandon the concept and add it directly into the main class.

Due to the way I wanted my enemy to work I decided to go for some extremely simple animations. It simply bobs up and down, so it looks like it floats as it's chasing the character.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar