fredag 27. november 2009

Case 8

Case text was as follows:

In this case you're going to make objects for your hero to pick up and gain points for. These points need to be summed up and shown on the screen in realtime.

Time to get on the vaccines then!

In this case code-wise we were told it was best to use arrays, since this is a much less demanding on the system to run, especially when there's large amount of objects to pick up in the game.

Since I already had some experience from using arrays from my IT-exam I didn't really have any problems here. One thing which did give me major hickups for several weeks untill I got some help on it was the fact the game wouldnt reset properly due to the array not being cleared. Eventually figured this out, and the code for picking up objects is working without a hitch now.

Graphically there's not much to say here really, as I said the point of the game is to pick up vaccines to stop the swine flu, so I decided to make the pickups syringes lying on the ground.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar